As an organization, we have been around since 2001, which shows we have staying power and also great value for numerous cities and counties. Many of your counterparts across the region provide our organization with their leadership and vision, and we also want our strong voice to continue to develop from every region of Arkansas, Oklahoma, and Texas. We possess a strong policy focus and vision with our emphasis placed on multi-modal, multi-state transportation and infrastructure issues. We persistently discuss these initiatives and priorities with State DOTs, the States’ Legislatures, the Federal government and Congress. We have excellent relationships in each of these arenas as shown by our Congressional and Legislative Caucuses.
Along with the links on our website for your review, we wanted to quickly enumerate a few points about our organization and what is does for municipalities and counties in Texas, Oklahoma and Arkansas:
- Quarterly meetings with the entire organization, two of which are fixed, one in Washington, the other in Irving, TX, during the Annual T&I Convention/Summit. The others would be hosted by members and resource agencies from around the State where members can discuss and find solutions to the numerous transportation and infrastructure challenges;
- Timely meetings regarding current initiatives along U.S. 75/69, U.S. 287 and IH-30, pushing forward with Congressional members to designate them as High Priority Corridors; our organization is very open to doing work on other strategic corridors throughout the State, as discussed and agreed upon by membership.
- Quarterly meetings with TxDOT Exec. Director Phil Wilson, along with ASHTD Exec. Director Scott Bennett and their respective staff; along with periodic meetings with TxDOT staff throughout the year;
- Opportunities to connect with other cities, counties, resource agencies and states and their respective leaders to create connectivity and achieve a unified voice in front of state and federal lawmakers;
- Meetings with our Congressional Caucus Staff Work Group, which includes staff from 35 federal lawmakers, as well as our Legislative Caucus Staff Work Group, made up of staff from upwards of 90 Legislative members, all of which are a part of TEX-21 as caucus members;
- Timely updates regarding local, regional, statewide, multi-state and federal policy issues, including a monthly publication through our website called “States in Motion” which features members of the organization and includes numerous highlights of its activities and upcoming events;
- A team of consultants ready to assist you at all times and listen to your municipality’s vision and needs to find ways to give you the highest value for your involvement.
We would love to add your voice to our organization.